Jonny-on-the-go: Vacationing with your cat
We're a pretty resourceful bunch, but don't be fooled: Cats should not be left alone for more than a few days. Several options are available for your cat while you are gone and you should choose the one that best suits your needs.
- While you're away, your cat will probably be happiest in her own familiar and comfortable home. The least expensive method of kitty care is to ask a friend or neighbor to stop by and feed your cat at least once a day.
- Ask your friends, neighbors or veterinarian for boarding recommendations. And if you're lucky, one of them might volunteer to pet sit!
- Plan ahead so that you'll have time to examine the facilities before leaving your cat.
- Cats should be in a separate boarding area from dogs.
- Some facilities have "private rooms" for cats and allow you to bring some of your cat's favorite toys and other comfort items.
- You may be able to board your cat with your veterinarian if he or she provides such services. This is an obvious advantage in the event that a medical problem comes up during your absence.
- Be prepared to bring in your cat's health record when you drop them off. Don't leave your cat in a facility that doesn't have this requirement, as they will be susceptible to a number of contagious conditions that may be carried in with other felines.
- Before you begin your travels with your cat, make certain to check that your travel accommodations allow cats in their facilities.
- Several books have been written about where you can safely take your cat on vacation, or check the Internet to find such facilities.
- Many travel businesses, such as cruise lines, are now providing services to accommodate adventurous felines and their owners. If your cat is a part of your family, why not invite him along on the adventure?
- Remember that cats have personalities as varied as people. Some cats enjoy traveling with you while others will hide in fear. Always test your cat by taking her on a short trip before bringing her with you on any long vacation.
Use Jonny Cat Kat Kits!
- One of the most important things to remember is that we still gotta go, no matter where we go. Know what I mean? So use a Jonny Cat KatKit.
- It's the convenient, touchless, disposable cat litter solution designed for traveling with your cat.
- Click here to see the amazing Jonny Cat KatKit!
Please Note: The preceding content is for informational purposes only and is not meant to be a substitute for the advice provided by your own veterinarian or other medical professional. You should not use the information contained herein for diagnosing a pet's health or fitness problem or disease. You should always consult your own veterinarian and medical advisors.